Available in-class and online
The SRES® designation course seeks to instill knowledge and understanding of and empathy for 50+ real estate clients and customers. Students will develop the business building skills and resources needed for specialization in the 50+ real estate market.
The in-class format facilitates student interation for information sharing, discussions and networking as well as face to face communication with the instructor.
Students learn to:
- Learn distinguishing characteristics and trends of the 50+ market so that you can discern them in your own market area.
- Evaluate your market area attractiveness to the 50+ market.
- Master the vocabulary of the range of housing options for the 50+ market.
- Develop business building outreach methods for communicating and gaining 50+ market share.
- Adapt methods for counseling the 50+ buyer and sellers.
- Stay focused on the transaction and avoid inappropriate involvement in family matters.
- Develop sensitivities to 50+ issues and priorities when counseling buyers and sellers, showing properties, and managing transactions.
- Develop services that win and sustain client and customer relationships and position you as a trusted real estate advisor.
- Assemble a team of experts to help you serve 50+ clients and customers.
- Learn about the uses, benefits, procedures, and issues involved in reverse mortgages.
- Learn about uses of pensions, RRSP, RRIF accounts, and defined benefits in real estate transactions.
- Gain an understanding of how Old Age Security impacts 50+ real estate decisions.
- Recognize mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that victimize 50+ borrowers.
- Financing options such as HELOCS and reverse mortgages.
- Identify key life stages, viewpoints, and transitions in relation to housing choices.
- Recognize how a home can be adapted for safety, comfort, and aging in place.
- Help clients integrate disposition of real property into estate plans.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the SRES designation. At the end of the course students must complete an exam and achieve an 80% grade.
For full designation information, visit the SRES® website.
For information and registration for the online class, click here.