Certified Leasing Officer (CLO)
The ultimate achievement in Leasing - the CLO (Certified Leasing Officer) designation recognizes the proven specialists in leasehold acquisition, disposal and administration. A rigorous, specialized education program gives CLO professionals the edge in every aspect of the leasing process, from acquiring space to administering a leasehold. CLO members, as with any REIC designated or accredited professional, are governed by the Institute's Code of Professional Standards.
To receive information about the CLO designation, contact email@example.com.
Interested in becoming a CLO?
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I become a CLO?
- How much does it cost?
- What experience do I need?
- How long does this take?
- Register for a course
1. How do I become a CLO candidate?
Step 1: CLO Candidacy
Before you can earn the CLO designation, you must become a candidate.
All you have to do is:
- Be actively engaged in commercial leasing for at least 50% of your work day, as defined by REIC
- Complete the candidacy application form and send it to REIC with your application fee
- Be endorsed by the local REIC Chapter
Step 2: CLO Membership
As a CLO candidate you will be required to complete a series of core and specialty courses. To achieve the CLO designation, candidates must:
- Successfully complete the CLO core courses:
- Successfully complete the CLO specialty courses:
- Have three years of creditable experience, as defined by REIC
- Abide by the REIC Code of Professional Standards
- Be affiliated with and endorsed by the local REIC chapter
2. How much does it cost?
The non-refundable processing fee is $250.00 plus GST/HST. Chapter dues are set individually, and some may charge GST/HST. Candidates and members are also required to pay the current annual national dues plus GST/HST. These fees are pro-rated from the time a candidate is approved for the current year (January-December). The prices for the REIC courses vary depending on the length and level of course (fundamental, intermediate or advanced), but candidates pay a lower tuition fee than non-candidates. See the course schedule for details.
3. What experience do I need to have?
Please refer to the Application and Guidelines for detailed information.
|Candidate||Actively engaged in leasing activities for a minimum 50% of the work day.|
|Designated Member||Three (3) years of creditable experience to apply for the CLO designation.|
4. How long does it take?
You set the pace for your education. You will have five years from the date your candidacy is approved to complete the educational requirements. Please contact the Admissions Department for details on educational equivalencies.
Ready to start?
Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, feel free to call us at 416-695-9000 or toll free within Canada at 1-800-542-REIC (7342).