Certified in Real Estate Finance (CRF)
Real estate finance practitioners who hold the Certified in Real Estate Finance (CRF) designation are consultants, portfolio administrators, asset managers, mortgage brokers and financial and investment analysts. They have expertise in financial and investment analysis, loan and risk evaluation, mortgage underwriting and administration.
Interested in becoming a CRF?
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What information do I need to submit?
- How many courses do I need to take?
- How much does it cost?
- What experience do I need to have?
- Register for a course
1. What information do I need to submit?
- Complete the application form; include all your references, non-refundable processing fee, and mail to REIC National Office. Please be sure to include copies of any documents (e.g. university graduation, course records) that will help to expedite your application.
- Your professional experience is reviewed, your references are contacted, and a chapter interview is conducted (usually at your place of business).
- The Admissions Department will confirm your candidacy in writing. You have a maximum of five years to achieve your designation.
2. How many courses do I need to take?
You will need the following courses:
- REIC 2600: Ethics & Business Practice
- FIN 402: Investment Real Estate- Financial Tools
- ASM 600: Investment Real Estate Financing & Valuation – Part One, Two, Three
- REIC 2351: Elements of Mortgage Management
Equivalencies in: Real estate law or business law, real estate valuation, and a University or College Elective.
3. How much does it cost?
The non-refundable processing fee is $250.00 plus GST/HST. Chapter dues are set individually, and some may charge GST/HST. Candidates and members are also required to pay the current annual national dues plus GST/HST. These fees are pro-rated from the time a candidacy is approved for the current year (January-December). Candidates pay a lower fee than non-candidates for the courses. See the course schedule for details.
4. What experience do I need to have?
Please refer to the Application and Guidelines for detailed information.
|Candidate||One (1) year of creditable experience to apply for CRF candidacy.|
|Designated Member||Five (5) years of creditable experience to apply for the CRF designation.|
Ready to start?
Send us a message at email@example.com. Or, feel free to call us at 416-695-9000 or toll free within Canada at 1-800-542-REIC (7342).